13.12.07

I cry almost every morning

I'm an addict. I've become completely addicted to the Hallmark Channel! As a child I watched Little House on the Prairie every morning, now as an adult, I do the same! I'm NOT a morning person in the least so when I wake up around 7 I don't really move till about 8 or 8:30. Usually I angry because I'm awake so I turn on the CBS Early Show and watch it till I get hungry, then watch while I eat... I of course check my myspace during this time! Depending on my work load I get off my tush and start doing "work" related things around 9AM. However, this week I've been sick. Lay on the couch would rather be dead SICK, and I discovered that one of my fav shows, Matlock, no longer comes on after the Early Show. This has been my stay at home sick TV schedule for YEARS. Early Show, Matlock, Nap, Young and the Restless... that's just what I do when I'm ill I catch up on the Soaps! To my dismay Matlock has been replaced by the 700 club. (I'm not going to go there) so needless to say I had to search the channels to see what else was on. During this time the Mr. Rogersesq show How It's Made is on Discovery, but just two channels down I see that Little House comes on the Hallmark Channel just an hour later... So earlier this week laying on the couch giving into my cold I tuned in, and now I can't stop! Even if I'm in my (extremely disorderly) office I have the TV tuned there. The lessons the show holds for children have been known forever and I always knew it was a great show for kids but now as an adult watching the show it's much much more in depth than just the basic golden rule. My appreciation for my husband has grown, understanding of why people do what they do and act the way they do has grown, and I just feel like I learn something new every single day. I'm a sap I know! I just wanted to share in my new addiction... Like a good little addict....

1 Comments:

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Awww.. I love that channel too! I hope you feel better now :-) Thank you by the way for checking out my blog on Scarlett's Glamour session and for your kind comment! As for settings.. wow.. I never get really asked that before b/c it seems like I'm always the one asking! Well, as much as I hate it b/c the pictures turn out grainy, I shot in ISO 1600 because of the low-lighting. I used my 580EX flash with the Gary Fong diffuser & and I don't even know how to use the settings on that flash. I tried to use the lowest apperture, in this case 1.8, for my shots and just made sure that my little blinking light stays in the middle for my metering--which I later found out that I can try to underexpose the metering since I was using an external flash to compensate for the lighting anyway (and this was very helpful to know b/c it stopped making my images blurry). Wow, this is my longest blog comment ever, but I hope it makes sense :) Thanks again and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!