9.12.08

Ready to be home!

So, I didn't update my blog about what's been going on the last couple of weeks... I simply forgot and have been so busy getting ready for my trip, and on my trip that I've forgotten to blog...

On December 2nd Wes and I left the warm sunny beautiful state of FL for PA... no we aren't crazy... 6 yrs ago my mom, sister and stepfather moved there for work and I've been up there once since they moved... Obviously my Florida blood can't stand beeing in such cold! but other than that reason it's been financially impossible to get up there more than that one time. Until last week, a woman that my mother used to work with is on my myspace friends list and asked me if I'd photograph her daughters wedding... of course this wedding is in DECEMBER in one of the COLDEST states in the union! but I offered her an exchange, wedding photography for the cost of my trip and she agreed, so we packed up the Jeep and headed north.

My darling little sister and most amazing employee ever Eden and Tara have been watching my house and my babies for the past 8 days now and they have about 4 more left until we come home but boy oh boy am I ready to be home!

Wes and I have been sleeping all cuddled up like a newlywed couple again but we are ready to be in our own bed with the sea of pooches between us like usual, lol!

Yesterday I left a state 6 states away from Florida and it was 17 degrees outside, we packed our Jeep in the snow and ice wore sweatshirts and fuzzy socks in the Jeep and battled slippery mountains all going down hill. Lastnight we arrvied in South Carolina 1 state away from home. I actually winced when I saw the 95 south sign cause I knew it would be a few more days still before we could get there.

Our trip has consisted of 4 days with my mom and one wedding, and now 4 days with Wes' mom since she's on the way home... I'm looking forward to getting some photos of downtown Charleston, it's beautiful like Savannah so that'll be nice I have both my meduim format film cameras and like 7 rolls of film so that'll be nice... I feel like this is our actual vacation part of the trip. Not that being with my mom is a chore! Lord that might sound bad! I loved spending time with my family, playing cards and watching movies on a lazy sunday afternoon there isn't much better than that! But it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cold there we didn't want to get out and do anything... it's 40 degerees warmer here, in a beautiful southern city so I know Wes and I will get out more and see some sights and it'll be like a little honeymoon which is nice...

OK enough rambling I suppose sorry for boring y0u... I'll have some photos to post later... I did post a few photos to my personal myspace if you are friends with me there check it out if not then add me and then check it out! LOL

See you all soon back in FL!!! Sneak Peaks of the PA wedding on the photography myspace...

**Also this post is my 150th post and if you're a loyal follower you'll know I promised to something super cool as a contest for it... I haven't decided what it is yet... but be on the look out for the 151st post and I'll announce what it is!!!! Got to get to thinkin! :D

0 Comments: