14.1.09

Worlds Apart....

So, today hasn't been a wonderful day, let me just start with that... it wasn't bad until I realized that I had left my brief case in Wes' car after my last consultation and that I needed to go by the base to get it, and then head to Orange Park... I get on base and turn into Wes' work and go down the wrong way in the parking lot, I got angry with the guys going the right way cause they didn't want to scooch over to give me room to pass them and get to where I could correct my mistake, all while my husband is calling me to rib me about being an idget.

I get my briefcase and had about 15mins to make it to the consultation on time, speeding down 17 I see a cop with his radar out... THANK GOODNESS he didn't get me, or he did and let me go I was only going like 5 over... I get to the light to turn into my destination for my consult and I get a call from the person saying they have to cancel and right before I could ask if they needed to reschedule she says "we got another photographer, I was hoping to catch you in time, before you got there"

Oh what a day... and it was only ONE in the afternoon!!!

I bitterly drove back towards my house and towards the post office box hoping I had better news in the mail... It wasn't that I had a last min cancellation Lord knows that happens often, or that they had found another photographer it was everything prior that just made that a not so nice cake topper...

Anyway, I let my iPod play while I went inside the bank to make a deposit, still a little disgruntled about my day, and came out to my car started it and playing was one of my favorite Jars of Clay songs, from way back in my high school days... The part I came in on was also my favorite part of the song. I immediately started to cry, such a trival things to be upset about. Going the wrong way in a parking lot, calling the guy going the right way a few choice words, things that were all pretty much my fault just irritated me to pieces today!!! I played the song over twice on my way home (I live maaaybe a mile from my bank and post office box) I turned it up loud, so it would drown out my severely out of tune, and sobbing self.

This is the part that was playing when I got in the car:

I look beyond the empty cross
forgetting what my life has cost
and wipe away the crimson stains
"dull the nails that still remain"
More and more I need you now,
I owe you more each passing hour
the battle between grace and pride
I gave up not so long ago
So steal my heart and take the pain
and wash the feet and cleanse my pride
take the selfish, take the weak,
and all the things I cannot hide
take the beauty, take my tears
the sin-soaked heart and make it yours
take my world all apart
take it now, take it now
and serve the ones that I despise
speak the words I can't deny
watch the world I used to love
fall to dust and thrown away
I look beyond the empty cross
forgetting what my life has cost
so wipe away the crimson stains
"dull the nails that still remains"
so steal my heart and take the pain
take the selfish, take the weak
and all the things I cannot hide
take the beauty, take my tears
take my world apart, take my world apart
I pray, I pray, I pray
take my world apart


So amazing! Not that I feel like my day is going much better, I'm home and going to get a jump start on tomorrow's project of cleaning my office before Liz gets here Friday... but, my perspective is different....

0 Comments: