28.8.08

Shelly's Announcement...

My friend Shelly who is a photography major at UNF will be getting hitched in 2010 in the lovely Memorial Park in Riverside. Shelly has secondaried for me before at weddings and other events... She once stood in the hallway of the San Jose Country Club and took what I like to call "entry" photos for my couples 50th Anniversary. She's just all round an awesome chick, and I love her to death!

KC is in school at the Naval Academy, and I didn't get to meet him at the same time I met Shelly.... Now... let me tell you how I met shelly...........

Last year I did a wedding for a lady named Jessica, she met me at a the bride2b wedding expo and already had her photographer but booked my DJ friend who's booth was right next to mine, come to find out her photographer fell off the face of the earth a few weeks before her wedding, so she called me first to see if I was available for her date and I was.... so we met up talked about packages and booked the date. A few days before the wedding she said she wanted my DJ friend, his girlfriend, my husband and I to all come to the rehearsal and be part of the rehersal dinner as well... this took place at her father's house.... (subsequently KC's stepfather, and mom's home)

Wes and I are the ONLY people with no kids and under 35 there.... so we felt like total bumps on a log.... In walks miss Shelly, talking to KC's mom about photography classes etc etc... Anyway we chit chat a bit and end up sitting (oh the rehearsal dinner was a BBQ at the brides father's house I think I neglected to mention that) end up sitting at the kiddy table with Jessica's eldest son, Shelly, Wes and myself.... Keep in mind we don't know these people from a hole in the wall! Juuuuust a weeeee bit awkward. We talked with Shelly and I told her she was more than welcome to play with my secondary camera at the wedding and get some shots if she wanted or just follow me around or whatever she wanted to do and she said yes... and we've kinda been in contact ever since...

Yesterday Shelly posts on my facebook wall that she's ordered her first wedding planning item... and says I should be proud then gives me a link to the photo...

Photobucket

and I am proud!!!! it's one of my fav couples photos of all time!!!! :)

Thanks Shelly for sharing, and I'm sooooo excited to be part of your day!

0 Comments: