10.1.08

First Day w/the Shootsac & Ode to Scarlett Lillian

So, as some of you know I'm an avid reader of Scarlett Lillian's Blog... I've even met her in person!! Ok Ok so I have a professional crush and meeting her was like meeting Brent Smith of Shinedown, but that's a whole nother blog!! Some months back she posted a blog about her new shootsac, so I started investigating this shootsac and determined pretty early on that I wanted one and I wanted it BAD!!!! So, here's the thing, I'm a completely visual person and if I can't see something in whole, (either in my head or in person) I have a hard time making the commitment to purchase.... (that's another little known fact about me, I have a hard time spending money even if it's on something I need) Alright, long story short the shootsac has covers that make it look snazzy and well frankly a few months ago there wasn't a cover I liked so I didn't get one...

In my blog "The Eve of New Years Eve" I did a photo shoot of a band at the Jacksonville Landing. Well when I entered the landing I was almost immediately stopped by security and asked not to have my backpack on the property. Well, I have EVERYTHING in that backpack lenses, spare batteries, additional CF cards... I mean everything and not having those things at my fingertips really sucked. Monday I went to the ImagingUSA convention in Tampa, FL and low and behold there was a Shootsac booth, AND they had NEW covers!!! Needless to say, I made the purchase.

So, the photos below don't have anything to do with the shootsac per say other than the fact that I had every lens I needed right at my fingertips. The shootsac is, thus far, is the best purchase I've made all year... (but we are only 10 days in)

This one is my fav photo from the day... it's so valentinesy
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mmmmmm Starbucks.....
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Just in case anyone was wondering where the "ramp" was
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

yeah, my sensor is just a little dirty!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I love this photo... my friend laurie in front of the doors that I've been wanting to shoot something in front of this door since I saw Scarlett's photos... so really this whole blog should be an ode to Scarlett!!!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've always wanted photos like this!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

LOVE the water photos!!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I thought the shadows were way cool, it's actually two different rod iron pieces making the shadow
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I think this is a great photo of Laurie she looks so intense... and I love this wall!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

it's those old 70's style colors... very retro!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So, Willie Nelson is in town... did anyone know that! this was in the window of one of the tour buses.... hahahaha!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A really cool sketch that was on the outside door of a building...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is a painting! A Painting, I love how the lights look like they are really ON!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

he made our pizza
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ok this was seriously beautiful, it was in front of the grave of the unborn child downtown... it was so touching
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Laurie making fun of me while I'm getting photos of the statue...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Isn't it beautiful!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Laurie's Tattoo.... I so want one... she's so hard core... LOL
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oh, this wall, neither of us never knew this existed.... this wall was soooo freaking cool!!!! that's Laurie, photos of me will be coming from her shortly when she gets done editing...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hitching a ride.... hahaha
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I realy love the detail of this.... awesome rendering... I wish I could have someone come and paint my house this way different theme on each wall.... and the most unique house on the block!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

yes I changed the title after I got done writing.... in case you were wondering... :)


1 Comments:

Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

LOL So funny, I just saw this post. You are too cute. Thanks for all your gushing. Glad you like your ShootSac!! They rock!